Babies generally begin teething when they are about 6 months old. This can be a trying time for the entire family, especially if you aren’t quite sure what to do. However, there are some tips and tricks that can help make this time a bit easier for you and everyone involved, and our Lake City Family Dental Center, PA team is more than happy to give them to you! To soothe your baby during this time, we recommend doing the following things:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and then massage your baby’s gums with your fingers.
- Get a chilled spoon and hold it against your baby’s sensitive gums.
- Let your child chew on a cold, wet washcloth under your supervision.
- Chill your baby’s pacifier in the fridge before you give it to them.
- Give your child a clean teething ring to bite on.
Your child should have a full set of teeth by the time they are 3 years old, and please remember to start thinking about your child’s first dental appointment once the teeth start moving into place. Your dentist, Dr. Reeve Abraben, and our entire dental team are thrilled to help you in any way we can. In addition, if these tips don’t seem to work for your child, please feel free to call 386.752.1342 and talk our team. We will be happy to give you additional tips that may be successful!